Financial Support Program for Hearing Aids
Help your family find hearing aids. Find out how our Financial Assistance Program for Hearing Aids helps families attain hearing aids.
Texas Hearing Institute’s financial support for hearing aids provides hearing aids and follow-up audiologic services to children who qualify.
Texas Hearing Institute relies on generous donors like you to provide hearing aids to children who need them. Please click here to give the gift of sound to a child today.
Our Financial Support Program for Hearing Aids has been in place since 2003 in response to funding cuts for children’s hearing aids. Many children living in the greater Houston area do not have insurance nor do they qualify for any other assistance programs. Sadly, these children have been left behind and denied access to amplification. Texas Hearing Institute is committed to serving children, regardless of their financial situation. The Financial Support Program for Hearing Aids provides free hearing aids, as well as audiological services, including evaluations, fitting, and maintenance instructions for hearing devices. Hearing aids are essential tools for a hearing-impaired child to access educational services and to achieve lifelong success.
How the program works:
- The child is first referred to Texas Hearing Institute and anyone can refer a child.
- The family completes a financial intake to determine if the child meets the financial guidelines for the Financial Support Program for Hearing Aids.
- Texas Hearing Institute audiologists work closely with the family and sometimes the child’s educational audiologist to recommend a specific type of hearing aid.
- Texas Hearing Institute orders and dispenses the recommended hearing aid.
- Texas Hearing Institute provides all follow-up services that the child might need.
If you have a child you would like to be considered for the Financial Support Program for Hearing Aids, please contact the Audiology Department at (713) 337-6732, to find out how you can enroll a child into this program.