The Melinda Webb School
The Melinda Webb School is a top-tier private school where children with hearing loss and who are between the ages of 18 months to 6 years old receive individualized instruction that accelerates their development of spoken language and prepares them to enter local public and private schools by first grade. The Melinda Webb School also enrolls children without hearing loss in its Early Childhood and Co-Enrollment programs.
Our Classrooms & Teachers
Every Melinda Webb School classroom has a language teacher and a teaching assistant. Our low student-to-teacher ratio allows us to meet each student's individual needs. Each classroom is led by a master's level teacher of the deaf with specialized training in listening and spoken language and early childhood development. Many language teachers hold or are working toward a 3-year postgraduate listening and spoken language specialist, auditory-verbal educator certification (LSLS Cert. AVEd).
Click here to meet our teachers!
Weekly enrichment activities, such as art classes, physical education, music, and dance classes are provided to pre-K 4 and kindergarten students.
Why The Melinda Webb School?
At the Melinda Webb School, your child will receive a top-tier private preschool education with individualized instruction that will accelerate their development and prepare them for the future.
Specific benefits of the school include:
- Beautifully designed, easily accessible, state-of-the-art campus with cutting-edge technology located in the Texas Medical Center
- Literacy instruction in a language-rich environment tailored to your child’s needs
- Low student-to-teacher ratios with master's-level teachers
- Enrichment activities that include art, music, PE, social skills, yoga, and dance
- Individualized language curriculum
- Being able to meet and exceed your academic and early learning goals
- Meets the standards set by the state of Texas
- On-site occupational therapy and physical therapy
- Daily equipment checks by audiologists for children with hearing devices
- Individual speech therapy with speech therapists offered on-site
- Classes for children with and without hearing loss
Melinda Webb School Audiology
Every school day, a Texas Hearing Institute audiologist helps teachers conduct listening checks of each student’s hearing aids and cochlear implants, and performs maintenance as needed so students don't miss a sound. Every classroom is equipped with an FM system to provide students the best signal-to-noise ratio. Goals are established for each child that will take them from the basics of sound detection to high-level auditory processing tasks. Texas Hearing Institute audiologists are part of a team of speech-language pathologists and teachers helping children reach their educational, speech, language, and auditory goals.
Sierra Schulte, Au.D., CCC-A, Pediatric Audiologist, Melinda Webb School Audiology Coordinator
Reserve a spot for your child before the classes fill up!
For more information, please contact Director of Education Sarabeth Fly at firstname.lastname@example.org.